Good News! I’m feeling better and better. And, I got to travel this day. 🙂
I arrived back here in my place around quarter to 8, but still after the whole day of de-stressing, i actually have enough energy left to write! I guess it worked huh? haha
Anyway, it’s not my first time in Manila, but, it’s my first time to actually be in that busy place like an ordinary human being. You see, I’m not used to commuting… and riding jeepneys… and buses. To think, here in the province, the first time i rode a bus to my school alone by myself was in my third year of high school! haha My parents are not big fans of it, and so are we too, so we travel with own cars anywhere. Back in highscool, our car takes me to my school and fetch me after classes, together with my other sisters. Our father actually turned our van into a service for us then. Good thing i get to go to the ‘big’ city with my mentor, because if i was alone, i think i’d get lost! Seriously. hahaha
So there, this day turned out to be a tour for little old me. This time, i get to see the real face of Manila, no private cars, no drivers, just me and my mentor. I actually felt like i was three again, amused with all stuffs that are ordinary for a lot of people, but for me, it’s like i’m in a different world. A lot of people is comming from everywhere, good thing i got a good grip with my claustrophobia and was still able to breath within a mob of people and comuters.
So, in my trip, here are the things I did the first time this day:
1. Go to Manila without a relative. Yeah, it may look weird, but it’s true. I always have my parents with me, or my cousins, or whoever. And, the other reason, i really did not like the place that much before because of the traffic, pollution and the crowd. Though, this day was quite different! 🙂
2. Ride the LRT!!! Yey me! Yey me! haha yes! that was my first time to ride the LRT! it was so cool and fast! no traffic and all! except it was kind of hard for me because there were a lot of people. Though, who cares i still rode it! yey me!
3. Go to PRC. This one really wasn’t cool. I wasn’t able to go inside because i have no bussiness to do there so i waited for my moderator to renew her license. Though it was hot and i did not have anything to sit anywhere, i had a good time looking at the long line of people – students, professionals, young, old, older than old, i even saw nuns! haha so i think i did have a little fun while waiting, except when a big guy stepped on my foot! haha
4. Go to ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY! This one i enjoyed the most. Our moderator in the student publcation, and mentor is a student here, and she toured me around! I was really amused in this school. So cool! Everything looked so perfect! hahaha I would really love to study in that place, it’s just that the course i’m going to take is in another university. But still, it was awesome! How i wish the school i’m in, in God’s time (and i hope in my time too!), would grow to become like ADMU! Lets’s pray for that!
5. Eat at the House of Minis inside the Gateway mall. Yeah, this one was really surprising, ironically the food is huge! i ordered for a sizzling chicken and i wasn’t able to eat half of it! hahaha though at least, it made my tummy happy.
6. Ride a jeep (in Manila of course). This is not something new. You read my story with commuting, so this doesn’t sound new either! hahaha anyway, what the heck, for me it is! hahaha
7. Experience being a commuter. Yey me! i survived the whole riding a long. LRT, jeepneys, buses, tricycles, you name it! hahaha and it wasn’t that bad, except for the jeepneys, it was hot, and there was one we rode and actually got off to walk because it was not moving at all because of traffic!
8. Mingle with a mob of people. I hate this. First i can’t breathe. Second, it’s hot. Third, it’s not safe. But, i did it! 🙂
9. See things from a different view. With the past weeks being depressed and not myself, with this trip i actually felt my ray of sunshine go back! i was looking at things as if i haven’t seen them before, and i acatually rode on a lot of things i only got used to look at! haha it was very fun! and exciting!
10. Be a three year old again. This is the best thing. Being in Ateneo, experiencing Manila in a different way, shopping in SM Sta. Mesa, oh! it did made me feel like i was a three year old! It looked like everything was new for my eyes!
– There is really nothing big in my trip for a lot of people, but for me, it would still be my first ‘real’ trip in the big city! haha Piapot got lost again to another planet, but what the heck, at least i enjoyed it! A big Yey for me! 🙂